Seow & Associates was formed in 1 September 2008 as a sole proprietorship. Since then, it has grown to be a firm comprising of three dynamic lawyers with seven dedicated support staff, passionately driven to provide comprehensive legal advisory services of integrity and commercial edge, across national boundaries and on international platforms.
The firm takes fierce pride in its lawyers’ abilities to recognise unique traits of each client and to create bespoke solutions to ensure clients obtain legal support of the highest quality.
The firm’s wide gamut of practice areas has allowed the firm to enjoy a diverse set of clients ranging from the Malaysian government, Malaysian government agencies, statutory bodies, government-linked companies, film studios, to well-known foreign and local production companies and emerging artistes.
Corporate Social Responsibility also plays a large role in the firm’s belief, which is manifest in the firm providing pro bono legal services to various members of the performing arts industry in Malaysia in its efforts to assist the Malaysian government in helping to build and develop the Malaysian performing arts sector.
The firm’s reputation speaks for itself and to-date, Seow & Associates has enjoyed the following awards and nominations:
- Leading law firm for TMT matters in Malaysia as ranked by Legal 500 with “Jessie Tan being the name to note”;
- Entertainment Law Firm of the Year in Malaysia for 2017 by Global Law Experts;
- Nomination as the best boutique firm for the Asia Legal Business Awards 2016;
- ranked on Media Law International’s publication; and
- listed on the Legal 500 since 2014.